Clinical Record Audits
How good is your team's documentation? Do you have systems and processes in place to give you confidence that every bill submitted will result in payment?
Periodic external reviews of your documentation can identify potential issues before they become major problems.
Weatherbee's extensive expertise in conducting independent clinical record audits helps evaluate whether claims are billable and payable; identify problematic staff and team practices; and provides education and coaching aimed at improving audit outcomes over time, all of which substantially reduce your hospice's risk profile.
Our comprehensive approach is designed to identify issues and provide an action plan outlining specific ways to improve upon current practices.
- Analyze census statistics to select clinical records for auditing and benchmarking against nationally published data
- Evaluate eligibility-related forms to ensure that they are technically valid
- Conduct a pre-billing audit of selected clinical records
- Identify documentation-related and other Opportunities for Improvement (OFIs)
- Evaluate internal systems and processes to ensure that they support proper billing
- Develop and facilitate customized education as needed
- Conduct additional clinical records audits in order to evaluate improvement
Weatherbee's goal is to provide a comprehensive analysis of your interdisciplinary team's documentation, and an action plan to address any identified problems.
Engaging Weatherbee will result in:
- Assuring the validity of your hospice's documentation tools and forms; and;
- Enhancing interdisciplinary competence with regard to discerning, documenting, and defending hospice eligibility.
Please contact Weatherbee for additional information regarding Clinical Record Auditing.