How well does your staff understand the rules and regulations that govern the provision of, and payment for, hospice care? Do they know:
- The payment-related implications associated with the election, certification/recertification, physician narrative, face-to-face encounter, and plan of care?
- The regulatory requirements associated with the interdisciplinary assessment process and documentation to support hospice eligibility?
- The importance of determining whether medications and other services are related to the patient's terminal diagnosis, and how to document accordingly?
- The required elements to support the billing of higher levels of care?
- The regulatory requirements and the compliance challenges associated with providing hospice care in facilities?
- How to assure compliance with QAPI and reporting requirements?
If the answer to any of the above is not a resounding "ABSOLUTELY," then your team needs Weatherbee's Hospice Regulatory Boot Camp!
Consider registering for the optional 3rd day, Specialty Topics for Hospice Professionals. Compliance and high quality patient care go hand in hand. In this optional 3rd day, we:
- Delve into QAPI and HQRP data to identify opportunities for improvement;
- Demystify PEPPER and use it to identify vulnerabilities; and,
- Explore LCD guidelines and assessment tools to improve documentation of patient eligibility.
The afternoon is an intense focus on responding to clinical record requests to mitigate further risk and improve chances for payment.
2017 Boot Camp schedule:
- March 27-28 in Hilton Head, SC
- June 19-20 in Boston, MA
- September 25-26 in Dallas, TX
- December 11-12 in Las Vegas, NV
Agendas for Hospice Regulatory Boot Camp and Specialty Topics for Hospice Professionals
Compliance The Compliance Certification Board (CCB) has approved this event for up to 19.2 CCB CEUs. Continuing Education Units are awarded based on individual attendance records. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by CCB of this program content or of the program sponsor.
CME This Live activity, Hospice Regulatory Boot Camp, from 03/27/2017 - 12/13/2017, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 19.50 Elect5ive credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physiciahns. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses Continuing education for nurses is provided by Relias Learning, LLC. Relias Learning is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation (ANCC). Nurses will receive approximately 10 contact hours for participation in the two-day Boot Camp and approximately 5 contact hours for participation in the optional third day activity.
Criteria for Judging Successful Completion: Participants will only receive CE credit if they sign-in and remain present for the entire two days of the conference. Partial credit will not be given. Once the conference is over, the participant will be required to complete an evaluation survey online. Once the participant completes the conference evaluation, a certificate will automatically generate for the participant to print.
The Hospice Regulatory Boot Camp meets the criteria for completion of Regulatory & Compliance Issues, a Level II Module of NHPCO's Manager Development Program (MDP).